halcyon scout or halcyon mini or photon torpedo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
wanted to get another backup light. i already have a frogman led lenser led light which is as big as the Halcyon scout. wanting to get another back up light. what should i get? or should i just get another frogman?

I couldn't be happier with my photon torpedos. I haven't owned a Halcyon scout, but my dive buddy has two and hasn't had issues either. I used to have a Pelican and a couple of similar lights and always had problems with them turning on at depth or flooding. No problems with the PTs at all. They are very stout and have never come on at depth or flooded.

Jackie

I'd get another Frogman - this way you don't have to have two sets of spares for two different lights.

I think the mini Scout is pointless if you find the size or a "regular" Scout manageable. My Scouts (the old one, smooth grip with UK SL4 heads) have been totally problem free but I have also heard good things about the Photon Torpedo and they are cheaper.

Vie:
I'd get another Frogman - this way you don't have to have two sets of spares for two different lights.

I think the mini Scout is pointless if you find the size or a "regular" Scout manageable. My Scouts (the old one, smooth grip with UK SL4 heads) have been totally problem free but I have also heard good things about the Photon Torpedo and they are cheaper.

yeah i think id get another frogman! i absolutely swear by these awesome lights!

Derek,

The regular size Scouts are now baaaaad lookin' too!

I liked JJ's scouts with the new-style waffle delrin and a "JABOLONSKI" machined into the delrin. Very pimpin.

Vie:
Derek,

The regular size Scouts are now baaaaad lookin' too!

exactly, i liked the mini scouts better bec of the grenade style grip but they obviously re designed the full size scout! nice one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom