Dry Suit Inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
Over or under the harness? I've always had it running over, but realized running it under could be useful if it ever came off (for whatever reason). Thoughts?

I've always run mine under. I just looked through Dress for Success and I can't find any reference to a preferred routing.

If you're running it from an argon bottle, routing it under the left shoulder strap makes it less of an entanglement hazard (if the hose is a longer than necessary), provides some strain relief (if it runs a little short) and makes you more streamline in any case.

Rainer:
Over or under the harness? I've always had it running over, but realized running it under could be useful if it ever came off (for whatever reason). Thoughts?
If I inflate from backgas, I have it coming off the left post, over the top of the wing, behind the left shoulder, under the left arm, and then under the left side shoulder strap to the inflator. I have one of the "0ld Sk00l" non-swiveling inflators on my TLS, which points down.

For argon inflation, I bring the hose up the side of the backplate (in front of the wing), under the left arm, and then under the left side shoulder strap to the inflator.

From the front side, the hose appears to come from the same spot, independent of what type of inflation I use. The harness strap keeps the hose captured and in place, and out of the way of any stage or deco bottles.

Kevin R:
Where are you supplying it from? Tank mounted Argon? Wreck argon? Backgas?

Wreck argon...explain?

DIR-Atlanta:
If I inflate from backgas, I have it coming off the left post, over the top of the wing, behind the left shoulder, under the left arm, and then under the left side shoulder strap to the inflator. I have one of the "0ld Sk00l" non-swiveling inflators on my TLS, which points down.

For argon inflation, I bring the hose up the side of the backplate (in front of the wing), under the left arm, and then under the left side shoulder strap to the inflator.

From the front side, the hose appears to come from the same spot, independent of what type of inflation I use. The harness strap keeps the hose captured and in place, and out of the way of any stage or deco bottles.

I'm doing all this except under the left shoulder strap. Since I see obvious benefits to changing (and no reasons not to), I will.

Kevin R:
6 cu ft argon bottle mounted on the plate rather than the cave style LP14 mounted on the backgas tanks.
I should have clarified this - I mostly use the LP14 "cave style" mount.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom