left post backup LP hose length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I somehow managed to lost my left post regulator, so I get a chance to buy some gear again. :( I used to have 24" LP hose for backup. But I found it not quite long enough. I could feel pull when I turn my head left. So what are you guys using? I am thinking I will need 28. I just wonder if this is typical or I have a different issue in my setup.

I think 24'' is normal. A little pull when you're all the way to the left isn't a big deal, imo, but a hose flopping in the wind is a worse.

Do you have an apeks reg? I had the same problem and routed it slightly differently and it made a huge difference. Unfortunately I'm not in fl right this minute to be able to make sure I could explain it correctly but there is an routing alternative if you have apeks regs that may help.

You will need to consider the hose routing for your specific reg as well. For regulators that route like mk25s or the xtx50s with the 5th port, I find 22" to be perfect for me. For a reg that routes straight down and then over, I need a few extra inches.

The reg I lost is a mk20. The lp hose is coming out from the bottom 5th port. Even that I found 24" pull. The replacement will either be another mk25 or atomic. Routing will remain similar. If 22" work for most people I really want to know why it won't work for me.

That sounds pretty standard-issue. You sure your hose was really 24''?

24" is pretty standard but on the apeks DS4 you can go up to 26" and not have any annoying flapping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom