Stowing the long hose when back on the boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mruseless

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've done some searches but only found info on hose routing on the body, which I'm familiar with.

So I thought I'd ask the question, how do you keep your long hose out of the way once you are back on the boat? I've been sort of just looping and stuffing it into the shoulder harness. I tried coiling it and using the reg and boltsnap to keep it coiled and clipped, but I couldn't really get this to work.

Would anyone be willing to provide a picture of your method?

loop the long hose around the tank neck or isolator?

I have been on a live aboard on a small boat (sun diver) where the entire boat are GUE divers, ~20. So we had 20 long hoses. Yes, it was a very crowded boat, I didn't remember we have any issue with long hoses

Agreed, just a couple loops around ISO or tank valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Double sided Velcro works for this. Hook on one side loop on the other almost as useful as duct tape on a dive boat.

I coil mine then pass the reg through the coil and clip it off to the shoulder d-ring. No problems with it coming undone, nice and tidy. Prior to doing it this way I just looped it over the isolator then clipped it off - that worked fine too

Sent via

Thanks everyone. I always clip it off, since I don't want it getting stepped on or sat on. The loop of hose hasn't really been a "problem", it's just more of a nuisance and I'll try the ways described.

If I'm going to dive again immediately, I clip the reg off to the right chest d-ring, and just hang the excess hose from the first stage. If we're headed back, I coil the long hose and pass the boltsnap through the loop and clip it off. That keeps the hose neat and tight and out of the way.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom