Tying Knots for primary and back up lights.and twist tying knots to regs with o rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maresreg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Questions about tying clips on my lights and reg is there any place on the net that shows you in diagram style how to tie these knots?i wonder if theres even one for the regs and spg's?is there such a link that anyone knows about?

Maresreg:
Questions about tying clips on my lights and reg is there any place on the net that shows you in diagram style how to tie these knots?i wonder if theres even one for the regs and spg's?is there such a link that anyone knows about?
NOT :wink:

Note that the O-ring and other breakaway connections are no longer DIR.
My SPG breakaway failed after about 30 dives.

RichLockyer:
Note that the O-ring and other breakaway connections are no longer DIR.
My SPG breakaway failed after about 30 dives.
I thought the o-ring/zip tie was acceptable for those things you can't "lose"...like the SPG and the second stage reg. etc. Using cave line on those items you can't afford to lose unknowingly like reel, stage bottle, etc.
db

cdennyb:
I thought the o-ring/zip tie was acceptable for those things you can't "lose"...like the SPG and the second stage reg. etc.
Not for about 2 years now.
Goes back to the same logic as the hand-tight 2nd stage... there's no need for it, and it's a failure point. The only potential need for a breakaway would be on the reg in the event of an OOA, but you always donate the reg in your mouth, not the one clipped off on your shoulder... which is still usable when clipped off if your buddy is in need of air and doesn't tell you or grab your stage reg.

In my case, it wasn't a big deal, but it was a bit disconcerting to not find my SPG where I expected it. I didn't call the dive because of it, but it was a bit of a pain to locate the gauge. A couple of times I couldn't get it by sweeping and had to reach back to the reg and trace the hose.
In a more difficult environment, I might have called the dive.
I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to my primary while it was clipped off while I'm on a stage.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom