What's all this tubing for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in the process of re-webbing my harness.

I know the tubing on the shoulder straps is for holding lights, but...

When I originally got the harness from Halcyon it had one piece of tubing on the crotch strap and one piece on the waist.

What would those 2 pieces be used for? I'm wondering if they're even necessary?

grunzster:
When I originally got the harness from Halcyon it had one piece of tubing on the crotch strap and one piece on the waist.

What would those 2 pieces be used for? I'm wondering if they're even necessary?

Good question. I always used the 2 pieces on the waist to secure the extra webbing, but I don't know what it's officially for.

The tubing on the crotch strap allows you to secure the scooter ring (which should be facing inward when you are not scootering) out of the way.

I believe that the tubing on the waist belt is for securing the end of the waist belt after it is secured. I've never found another use for it.

I wouldn't call either essential. However, I do use them.

Soggy:
Good question. I always used the 2 pieces on the waist to secure the extra webbing, but I don't know what it's officially for.
Good point, now that I think about it, that's what I use it for too.

I just use my knife sheath to put my waist strap under. I also thread it back through the crotch strap. This keeps it in place.

I have a question about the other end. What do you do with the extra webbing comming out of the buckle? I have a about a 3" flap that annoys the heck out of me. I try to secure it with the rubber band but it often slips off. I'm thinking about using a 3" piece of innertube. Any thoughts?

CALI68:
I have a question about the other end. What do you do with the extra webbing comming out of the buckle? I have a about a 3" flap that annoys the heck out of me. I try to secure it with the rubber band but it often slips off. I'm thinking about using a 3" piece of innertube. Any thoughts?

Use whatever size tubing works to keep the flap secure.

While we're on the subject of tubing, I bought an Oxycheq Wing and didn't get any of the tubing with it like the Halcyon comes with. What size tubing is this, just basic bicycle tire tubing or do you get something just as good from elsewhere, maybe something from Home Depot?

darylm74:
While we're on the subject of tubing, I bought an Oxycheq Wing and didn't get any of the tubing with it like the Halcyon comes with. What size tubing is this, just basic bicycle tire tubing or do you get something just as good from elsewhere, maybe something from Home Depot?

Get an inner tube tire for a Mountain Bike those are perfect.

Great, that works out perfectly. I will pick up one in the morning. Been wanting to look at a new crotch rocket anyway.....good excuse to get to the bike shop *tee-hee*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom