DIR-F in Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just wondering if anyone has ever taken a DIR-F course with The Living Seas in Singapore. If so, how was it?

hi me from singapore,took the course from them,it's awesome!Gideon the instructor will share everything he knows about GUE(DIR).

Hi,

I have not take the course but I've spoken to the man and the fact he is in such high demand in places like Australia and SEA speaks volumes.

SangP

What is it that you would like to know? Him, as an instructor or the way he conduct his DIR related course ? If you have any doubt, Why don't you email him directly. I believe he will do all this best to answer your question :)

animian2002:
What is it that you would like to know? Him, as an instructor or the way he conduct his DIR related course ? If you have any doubt, Why don't you email him directly. I believe he will do all this best to answer your question :)

I have been in contact with Gideon via e-mail; at any rate, I would like to hear what others (i.e. past “students”) have experienced. When one is doing research, it would be foolish to gather information from just one source.

@VIE,
I have done the DIRF wth Gideon in december. Excelent course! Gideon is a very experienced diver and instructor and will share a lot of info and experience with you when questions come up. I can definitely advise on taking this course with LivingSeas. Good bunch of guys who just live for diving.

If you want to know more, let me know. I will be in SG for another month of so and could make introductions to the crew if you want.

Vie:
I have been in contact with Gideon via e-mail; at any rate, I would like to hear what others (i.e. past “students”) have experienced. When one is doing research, it would be foolish to gather information from just one source.

Foolish me to make such a suggestion. :bonk:

Good luck with getting feedback from his Students :)

I was present during his GUE Fundamentals ITC/IE in January 2003. He is an excellent and very knowledgable instructor. AG would never have passed him if he were not. He is also really cool and very easy going. That seemed to be the theme for the crop of instructors candidates (Gideon, Martin, Joe, Marc, Brandon and Scot) I met that weekend.

Vie:

Thank you , everyone, for the feedback and info. I’ve indicated to Gideon that I was interested in taking DIR-F and he has provided me with schedules for up coming courses, additional information etc. - in short, very helpful. Hopefully sometimes this year I will be making a trip to Singapore (as soon as I get my act together; get a few more dives under my belt!).

I have done dirf with gideon and also done some follow up dives laying line for other classes, he is an awesome diver and teacher. He has been trying to build something up in Australia and has been really helpful answering questions even when you are not in a class, as there is still currently no resident instructor here.

Have a look at the fifthd website there is an expedition that Gideon helped organise 2 ww11 wrecks in the south chine sea doing some pretty cool diving filming with scooters in really tight passageways.

Also heard he has been pretty hard on the latest tech 1 classes from what i heard no one passed in Aus.
Good luck he is an excellent instructor and great with answering any questions after the course

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom