DIR F This Weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just wanted to get some words of wisdom and whatever before I go off to class this weekend.

I learned of DIR right here on Scubaboard, asked a million questions along the way (thanks Mo2Vation, Uncle Pug, Boogie711, Darkpup and all the rest), have been diving the DIR rig for a few months and now I'm ready to get schooled...literally! I'm very fortunate to be able to take it with a bunch of people I met right here (Mark Weitz, Mel Fox, Brian Gilipin and a few others). Class will take place in Monterey and our instructors are Joe Talavera and Delia Milron .

Can't friggin' wait! :)

Gee, Joe sure gets around ... I just saw him up here earlier today ... teaching a DIR-F class, no less.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My advice is for after the class... Don't worry, with practice, you will get better!
Don't give up diving!

Robert Phillips:
My advice is for after the class... Don't worry, with practice, you will get better!
Don't give up diving!

LOL I won't. Thanks.

CALI68:
LOL I won't. Thanks.
Make sure you bring your Trapper Keeper 2000 (South Park Season 4, Don't forget your sense of humour... )

Second on the "Keep on diving.." thought You will get beat up, both mentally and physically but it's worth it.

Ben_ca:
Make sure you bring your Trapper Keeper 2000 (South Park Season 4, Don't forget your sense of humour... )

Second on the "Keep on diving.." thought You will get beat up, both mentally and physically but it's worth it.

I love that episode! I always keep my sense of humor handy. :)

Hey Ben why don't you come down for a dive on Thursday?

Ben_ca:

Well, it's not a miltairy training or something. But when you do something wrong the instructor *will* tell you. (or better: most of the time you will discover it yourself when you are looking at the video). And you will not pass when you're not good enough.

I had a lot of fun during my DIR-F. We made long days but I really learned a lot. And the most important thing was that I learned what I still had to learn ";-)

And almost a 100 dives later I still see improvement in my style. And having much more control, diving is just a lot more fun. And that's what it should be all about.

boomx5:
Chris...don't worry about it...you're going to "spank" this class! I wish I could make it down to say hi but I was just in Monterey yesterday and I can only afford so much time away...however have fun and good luck. :)

Hey Scott,

Does that mean you won't be using your shiny, brand new X-Scooter on Saturday?

Mind if Janeane and I take it for a spin?

(Ok, it's a snow balls chance in hell, but I had to try... Delia will have hers down there on Saturday, so we'll have two. hehehe)

~ Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom