What weight system are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a belt with pockets. They can be opened, while wearing it, in the event that I would need to dump some weight. The advantage is that you do not need to dump all of it, at once, therefore giving a bit more control to the operation. It is also padded, so that the corners of the weights do not press in. When diving locally, I use lead shot in nylon mesh bags to give even more comfort. I hope this helps you and/or others.

With my doubles, no weight. With my single, 8 lbs on the tank band - not ditchable, but my drysuit is my backup buoyancy device. In the unlikely event of a BC and drysuit failure, I can still swim the rig up from the bottom and stay on the surface kicking for quite a while (having tested this).

Six pound backplate, eight pound V-weight and two pound canister light. I have my drysuit and liftbag as backup buoyancy. I try to remain as close to neutral as possible throught a dive without adding much air to my wing.

i carry up to 2 lbs on my tank straps (i have weight pockets installed), and the remainder, usually 2-4 lbs, depending on the dive, on a weight belt. i always
use an aluminum backplate, which i figure weights about 2 lbs.

here are some of my common configurations:

9 mil neoprene total, AL80, Fresh water: 4 lbs (2 up; 2 on belt)

9 mil neoprene total, ST95, Fresh water: 0 lbs

3 mil, AL80, Salt water: 2 lbs (on my tank straps)

7 mm wetsuit (jumpsuit and jacket), 5 mm booties, 5 mm hood, 5 mm gloves, and AL80: 24 lbs int. weight

No weight, I dive double aluminum 80's and only use the SS backplate. Gotta love it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom