Installing a long hose on Scubapro G250?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loquat149

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Scubapro G250 2nd stage and would like to install a 5' low pressure hose, but am unsure how to do so (i.e., how do I remove the old hose from the 2nd stage.). I purchased the long hose from my LDS but am now wondering if it is incompatible.

The LDS told me the long hose was made by Dive Rite...the label says LPR-60, ROC1000604. The long hose can obviously be installed with a wrench, but removal of the old hose?

Thanks,
Dave

Scubapro uses those gear looking jam nuts where all other use std hex nuts to discourage their regulator owners from messing with it. Other than the tool it will take to grab it, they are the same. I use soft jawed pliers, but anything that will keep the jam nut from getting marred will do, The inner jam nut holds the barrel inside the case and you do not want that one to turn. You onlyn want to turn the outer jam nut that is on the end of the hose. Wrap the outer jam nut in something that will keep it from getting scratched. Make sure you are only get the outer one. Then grab it with a pair of pliers, hold the reg case, and give it a turn. It should turn fairly easily. Remove SP hose and install DR hose. Just a bit more than finger tight is all that is needed.

Wrapping the nut on the hose with a few turns of electrical tape should prevent the pliers from marring it.

A multi-wrench is about $35 from Peterbuilt (www.scubatools.com) but a just-a-wrench can be had for about $10.00 if you want the right tool for the job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom