DIR-F in High Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok,

So all this DIR-F talk over the past weeks has convinced me to take the DIR-F class sooner rather than later. So I just went to check the GUE class schedule. There doesn't seem to be a DIR-F class hosted in GUE's back yard. I have no idea why this would be. They are near some of the best spring dives in the state. I live less than 2 hours from GUE and that would be PERFECT. But NOOOOO.. the classes are in Miami or Ft Lauderdale?

What the heck guys? I don't know if any of the FL instructors read this forum, but come on, how about a class in your own back yard? I am sure some of us panhandle divers would appreciate not driving PAST your place to take a class 4 hours further down-state.

PerroneFord:
Ok,

So all this DIR-F talk over the past weeks has convinced me to take the DIR-F class sooner rather than later. So I just went to check the GUE class schedule. There doesn't seem to be a DIR-F class hosted in GUE's back yard. I have no idea why this would be. They are near some of the best spring dives in the state. I live less than 2 hours from GUE and that would be PERFECT. But NOOOOO.. the classes are in Miami or Ft Lauderdale?

What the heck guys? I don't know if any of the FL instructors read this forum, but come on, how about a class in your own back yard? I am sure some of us panhandle divers would appreciate not driving PAST your place to take a class 4 hours further down-state.

Just call them up and see about scheduling one in the area. Also, sometimes the classes don't get put on the website calender so there still may be one you can attend. :)

Good to hear. I was thinking of driving down Saturday for a visit. A pilgrimage to Mecca as it were! :wink:

I am incredibly excited to think that in a sport as cool as this, it's possible to get instruction at this level. That is once I scrape up the money, and get more fit.

ROM828 (Mark M.) is on the board and does classes out of EE. You should pm him.

PerroneFord:
Ok,

Thanks for the tip.

There was a fundies course at EE taught within the past six months, I think by JJ and David Rhea. Unless I'm mistaken, it was also a checkout for another GUE fundies instructor. Other 'local' sources for info regarding fundies availability would be MHK or BCS, on this board.

@Eightwgt:

If you don't mind the trip - Dean Marshall teaches Fundies in Ft. Lauderdale the 3rd weekend of each month (Friday-Sunday). I am heading down in a few weeks...

JWU42:
@Eightwgt:

If you don't mind the trip - Dean Marshall teaches Fundies in Ft. Lauderdale the 3rd weekend of each month (Friday-Sunday). I am heading down in a few weeks...

Thats a lil far..... Considering High Springs is only 1.5 hours from here....

Actually I tried calling GUE all day Friday - no answer..... I am actually getting a lil turned off about the DIR-F class due to the fact it seems a real pain to find out info about the classes.
I sent an email to Johnny Richards about his cavern course after having it suggested to me by a local 'DIR diver' who's a NAUI OW instructor (taught my wife) I respect him a lot ( I have dove with him-he's skilled) so I may go that route..... I know its not DIR-F but Im told he is a great instructor....

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom