Question about dive insurance and dual residence locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griff2088

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My question is in regards to location and/or plan. I am currently living over seas. However, I still have a home of record in the states, and travel regularly back to the US. Is there a plan recommended in a situation like this, will any option work, or am I limited in coverage to a specific country?

Last edited:
Thank you for your post.
Since you are a US resident, our three annual diving insurance programs are available to you. Coverage is available worldwide. You are welcome to review a comparison chart between those three programs at DiveAssure Scuba Diving Insurance | DiveAssure Programs
We will also be happy to assist you over the phone or via email to make sure that you get the program that best meets your needs.
Safe travels!

Thank you for the reply. I am not sure if I read too much into it. I was reading the exclusions, and it states " Benefits will not be paid for a covered persons loss which:

2. Is caused by or results from:
a. Declared or undeclared war or act of war;
b. An Accident which occurs while the Covered Person is on active duty service in any Armed Forces. (Reserve or National Guard active duty for training is not excluded unless it extends beyond 31 days.);

Is this meaning any accident or a diving related accident? I'm not sure if I was reading it wrong or not, but I guess my main question is, am I still able to receive coverage while on an active duty status?

Hello,
I will be happy to provide you with information about the terms and conditions of the program. In order to provide you with the most accurate information please send an email to info.usa@diveassure.com and if possible, please include a link to the document that you were reading so that we make sure that this is the relevant program for your needs. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom