Probably need to postpone boat dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I just turned 59, average weight and build for someone my age, not thin and not fat. It's been a long, cold winter and I've only been wet once this season about a month ago in a murky local lake. Didn't get a chance to do any skills work then. I had been doing some running earlier this Spring, until I sprained my ankle badly in April. I'm trying to get back at it now.
I've always wanted to do the 4 hour inshore charter boat dives in Panama City Fla. The depths are an average of 60-70ft. Forecast calls for 9mph wind on the day I'll be there this Sunday, 1-2ft waves. Little current, vis 40ft. I'm a PADI OW and want to get my AOW done later summer at Lake Jocassee, SC. I dive about a 10-12 times a year in the local lake and do some beach diving in Panama City, Fla. every summer.
I'm concerned with my lack of dive activity so far this season and my interrupted exercise regiment, along with my age, I may not be physically fit enough to do the 2 tank boat dives. Maybe I should do some beach dives and practice up my skills and get ready for the AOW later this summer?
The 4 hour inshore charter boat dive sites in Panama City, Fla. are where the local instructors take their OW students for their checkout dives, by the way.

Opinions, advice?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom