boat seat turned into 10 tank holder..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptJay

Registered
Reaction score
I bought this boat and it came with this boat seat.. its made to put a cooler into it and the brace that holds the tanks was the foot rest in front of this seat.. I took off the foot brace and installed it on the backside to have a higher tank brace that holds the tanks from flopping over the lower brace.. this is great to have 10 tanks under where I sit. then I had my brother weld another brace outside that and I put 4 more tank holders there.. so I have 14 tanks under my seat.. and I mounted 4 tank holders up one of the walk-a-round sides.. 18 tank holder for a 25 foot boat!!! works like a champ.. here is the pictures..

groundsohyeah003.jpg

groundsohyeah002.jpg

Great idea...but YIPES!
That's 800 plus pounds of tanks.
25' boat though, So I guess you can handle it.
Thanks for sharing.
Chug
Has 9 tanks in the garage, but only dives one at a time.

the boat is a 2510 "widebeam" proline. it has a 10 foot beam, so its very stable.. I always go with "4" divers and we make 4 dives per trip.. so we need to carry the tanks.. they are very stable in the holder and unless its very rough they dont make a sound, or bang together.. its a awesome set up.. I get lots of divers look at it at the docks I launch at and everyone has had good things to say about it and all agree its a great idea...

That's a good way of doing it. One possible concern with your Proline is the momentary overload of your cockpit sole right under the leaning post if (when!) you hit an unexpected wave or set. That's an 800-pound gorilla with steel shoes on jumping up and down on your deck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom