Looks like this group just up and died... too bad, would have liked to hook up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone??? My wife and I have been mainly diving by ourselves for more than a few years now and are interested in diving with a group.

It does seem like things have fallen off, but like was said, people have gotten busy with other things. When I started diving again in 2007 I figured it'd probably been 14 years since I'd dived last. Little by little, life got in the way. I went pretty hot and heavy for 3 years, averaging over a 100 dives a year. During that 3 year period from, almost 200 of those dives were in the Philippines :wink:

Then life got in the way again. The military sent me to Afghanistan (for my last year before I retired :)) After retirement, I went back to Afghanistan for two years as a contractor. Possibly it might surprise some people, but the diving isn't very good in Afghanistan :wink: I came home earlier this year, and just this month dug out my dive gear. Took my regs in for service, put stuff together doing function checks, etc... Updated my CPR/First Aid qual last week. I'm going diving next weekend. Freshwater, but at least I'll be getting wet :)

I also booked a trip to the Philippines. After an almost 4 year absence I'll be headed that way in 3 weeks. It will be my 7th trip the Philippines and my 3rd visit to Malapascua. I'll be diving with Matt and David at Evolution. I'm pretty psyched to be coming back after all this time :) I'm really looking forward to it! It will be the shortest trip that I've ever made there. Travel time is MUCH longer from the US than it was when I was stationed in Japan :)) I'm only going to have 8 dive days, but I plan on cramming at least 30 dives in :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom