Farallon MK 7 DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Duck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an old Farallon MK 7 DPV I'm trying to restore. I've taken it apart completely, am having it re-powder coated and intend to re-assemble it in the near future. Any ideas on where to get manuals, parts, etc? I really need new shaft bearings, snap rings and seals. While there is a Farallon website, no one answers the phone or returns email...

Here's the link for the manual

Doc Intrepid:
I saw a guy on Ted's boat out of Ocean City last Fall with a brand new Farallon, and it was a pretty sweet looking scooter, too. SOMEBODY'S still makin' 'em... and they're pretty sleek.

Was it black Diverite Arrow/Farallon?

Cheers,

X

Hey X,

No, this one was sort of National Geographic orange. I'll see if I can find a pic on the web. We didn't have time to go into much conversation on the boat, but I recall being surprised to see a brand new unit from Farallon...

Here's a pic. The guy had a Mk 8 --

http://www.farallonusa.com/product.html

(Scuba Duck, you may try to email them here, to see if you can get the parts you need: )
Email: info@farallonusa.com
An article in special operations technology magazine notes that Farallon is bidding on government contracts, so someone should be answering the email there occasionally at least!

Doc

Doc Intrepid:
Hey X,

No, this one was sort of National Geographic orange. I'll see if I can find a pic on the web. We didn't have time to go into much conversation on the boat, but I recall being surprised to see a brand new unit from Farallon...

Here's a pic. The guy had a Mk 8 --

http://www.farallonusa.com/product.html

(Scuba Duck, you may try to email them here, to see if you can get the parts you need: )
Email: info@farallonusa.com
An article in special operations technology magazine notes that Farallon is bidding on government contracts, so someone should be answering the email there occasionally at least!

Doc

Hi Doc,

Thanks. I thought it may have been someone I knew. BTW - your National Geographic orange reference blasts me back to the olden days when Everest/Artic Expedition outwear was made by Eddie Bauer? Nowadays, it's Canada Goose Expedition Red & Blue.

I'd seriously love to ride a big Farallon, but I think I need a sherpa or two to help me load it on and off the boat. :D

Cheers,

X

I've emailed the folks at info@farallonusa.com several times. I've also called the number on the website several times and it rings indefinately. I read a thread on this board that said the company had gone under... So I guess I wasn't too suprised that no one was answering the phone. But usually when a company goes under, the website disappears too...

Back
Top Bottom