New camera mount for scooters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon Nellis

Contributor
Reaction score
Scooter diving videos are just as fun to make as they are to watch, but as usual, I could not find a camera mount that met my needs, so I had to design a new system.

Unlike current offerings, the swivel lock can be released without taking your hand off the controls and the other hand can then pan the camera side to side, without ever having to let off the trigger (while your subject swims away).

Additionally, I wanted a quick release that could be operated with one hand and be easy to remove and install. ...OK, my wife wanted that one.

Here's the results...

[video=youtube;dCEIKDiglt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEIKDiglt0[/video]

Very nice rig, how much is something like that without the camera tray/arms?

The Small Mount is priced at $260 and the larger mount is $395. If you want to add the quick release system, the QR base is $60 and the QR mounting block is $80.

The primary material is HDPE plastic, which actually floats in water, so you generally do not have to re-ballast the scooter when you attach it, unlike some of the other mounts made from aluminum or Delrin.

Very nice, but way more than I need for a GoPro on the nose. Very eager to see what you're cooking up in the charge monitoring department though.

There is a fellow down in Cali that makes custom scooter mounts specifically for little POV mini cams. I picked one up for $100, cam band and derlin mount kit. Very small and light, supports full 360 rotation. Works great for my little Contour+ but is not nearly robust enough for the big camera. Jons rig looks pretty sweet for full sized cams though..

Or you could buy a Suex or the video mounts they sell

If one wanted a cheaper, lower performance and higher maintenance DPV, once certainly could do that. You wouldn't happen to sell such an upgraded Sea Doo of a scooter, would you?

Definitely would look sweet on my Gen 1200. I know a few guys in the LA area who use them and love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom