DPV's dimension and help with project.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dom C

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I'm Dom Cockburn a final year design student and I am designing a DPV for my major project.

I have been able to find quite alot of information from manuals and other things online. But I need to find out some dimensions off current scooters and units.

Firstly how big are the propellers in diameter? Also I need details about the batteries used, what voltage, capacity and actual size of them.
Also could you put down what DPV you have as it would be great.

One final point if anyone is available and are interested I would love to get a focus group together to help and progress my concept.

Thank You in advance.

Odd that you chose a project about which you have no knowledge what so ever. At least the batteries is easy to find info online, each DPV manual lists this info.

Odd that you chose a project about which you have no knowledge what so ever. At least the batteries is easy to find info online, each DPV manual lists this info.

Not very helpful, and I do have some knowledge as I have used two of them before, have the PADI manual. I lack the money to buy them to measure and break them down to look at so I hoped I could find some help here. I have found the information on the batteries and the manuals but personal experiences of users helps alot more meaning I can back up my design direction and support the choices of technology and materials. The manuals are very basic as they give overall specifications and nothing too in detail which is understandable as they don't want to give everything away.

Are you designing the prop and kort nozzle or trying to use something off-the-shelf?
I am currently looking at off the shelf as it reduces the amount of engineering I will have to do and also means that I can use the sizes to plan out and get the shape of it with the size of the propeller in mind.

So far I have found that they can be around 350mm in diameter which is substantial but I believe that a single propeller is better than two smaller ones.

Back
Top Bottom