UK diving accidents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DORSETBOY

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've heard this has been one of the worst, if not the worst, year on record for diving accidents in the UK. This really worries me as I would hope the sport would be getting safer with improved training and equipment.

Anyone have an oppinion as to why this doesn't seem to be the case.

I've heard some argue that there is a problem of folk going away on their hols somewhere nice n warm with clear waters and gernerally good conditions, coming back to the UK and (no pun intended) finding themselves out of their depths. I know all the basic skills are transferable but is it poss that such divers get overwhelmed by the conditions?

DORSETBOY:
I've heard some argue that there is a problem of folk going away on their hols somewhere nice n warm with clear waters and gernerally good conditions, coming back to the UK and (no pun intended) finding themselves out of their depths. I know all the basic skills are transferable but is it poss that such divers get overwhelmed by the conditions?

sure this is part of it and not just in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom