Drysuit Zipppppppppppppppper Repairs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ha ha...I came in to the shop today, and the guys were showing me all the zips they have done so far this year. WOW!!! They have had a ton of people upgrading to the new TiZips as their zippers failed and throwing in a ton of regular YKK zipps too! Don't forget we also install the replaceable wrist and neck systems :) We can get all your drysuit repairs done in about 10 days right now as we caught back up from a 15 day turn.

You can see all of our repair pricing here

drysuitzippppppppppppppers.jpg

I can truly say that I have thus far been very pleased with my TiZip installed ny DRIS! Thanks to Mike and the crew. I spent several hours asking questions pertaining to my suit and they were able to field all questions to my satisfaction. You really owe it to yourself to watch the TiZip video. It was the deal maker for me. I hope that it continues to hold up. OBTW, I have never met Mike and the crew and have no invested interest in their shop...other than the money I paid for the zipper and installation. I feel that a customer should post when things go right and not just when the diver feels that they were wronged.

DRIS upgraded/retrofitted my USIA Techniflex with a brand new TiZip. So far I've been very happy with it; only had two dives since getting it back from service but they were completely dry dives :) Jason did some great quality work.

I'll be putting the TiZip to a test on some shore dives this weekend and on another dive to 170'

One question on the TiZip, should this be stored closed or open on my drysuit? I was reading somewhere that it is recommended to store the TiZip closed to protect the sealing surfaces but I wasn't sure if that was correct or not?

I have bought a couple of TiZips from DRIS and installed them myself using an industrial sewing machine. I would highly recommend someone needing a zipper to have DRIS take care of the install for you, as it is not a job for someone not familiar with doing zipper installs. The flexibility they offer is far superior to the YKK/BDM style zipper.

In an email conversation with TiZip they clarified for me that the zipper is to be stored completely closed. Do use the lube they supply with the zippers.

TiZip still won't work on a White's Fusion, right?

Slider should be in closed position for storage :wink:

TiZips will not work with a Fusion, only because of the bend in the front. The zipper doesn't bend in that direction due to the teeth. It would work in a Fusion One backzip though

How long are these zippers expected to last compared to a DUI one?

I have a couple DUI drysuits.

How long are these zippers expected to last compared to a DUI one?

I have a couple DUI drysuits.

Should last just as long, most likely a lot longer. They are EXTREMELY durable so far and your starting to see most manufacturers switch to them.

Back
Top Bottom