New DRIS Impact Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
You have been asking, we have been listening!

We are proud to introduce the Impact series of lights, exclusive to Dive Right In Scuba. The Impact series has 2 different bodies and 2 different light heads that are all 100% interchangeable to give you the best combination for your dive. Want a spot head for a backup light for your first dive? Looking to turn on your Go Pro for the second dive and want a 140 degree beam?

You have the Impact Stretch which is the 3C battery version:
drisimpactstretchlightcompletemainpictiny_2.png

Here is the Impact Stubby, which is the rechargeable version:
drisimpactstubycompletemainpictiny_3.png

Not only do you have 2 bodies, but you also have an 11 degree Spot Head and a 140 Degree Video Head that can fit either body.

drisimpactlightheadspictiny_1.png

As always, if you have already purchased a DRIS light, we have a special offer for you! Just put in the Comments when ordering, "Mike, I didn't need another light, my spouse hates you!", and we will edit your invoice when it comes thru and give you a special price of only $90 for either light!!!

is this 2 heads and one body as a package?

EDIT: okay, say the selection menu... but, could you get just the heads (1 body, two different heads)?

EDIT 2: Okay, you had links to buying heads.... yep, nothing gets past me......

Last edited:
So we pick a body and we pick a head, right?

Any chance the stubby fits in the goodman glove??

So we pick a body and we pick a head, right?

Any chance the stubby fits in the goodman glove??

Yes, you can buy the package with Head, body, batteries or you can buy every individually. If you buy a Light with head, and want the other body later, we sell just the body. The Stubby DOES fit the soft Goodman Glove but the head does not fit onto the older style lights.

Can we go by a lumen standard?

Now would be a good as time as any to actually go by the ANSI standard lumen ratings. What I'm saying is that these dive lights are not really 1000 lumens. And the lumens you guys (dive light sellers) toss around are not very meaningful because your not going by any standard.

The ANSI FL1 flashlight standards would help us accurately determine the performance standards of your light. Here's an example:

Stinger_LED_DS_ANSI.jpg

I don't want to sound all negative because those look like very promising dive lights. very bright. I really like the Stubby Impact which runs on a single 26650 Li-ion, that's a power pack. I added one to my wish list. :)

Ansi testing is very expensive and would add a lot to your cost of the light. Buy 1000 and I will get you that test data :wink:

I agree though there is no standard that all manufacturers go by. Some of it probably has to do with cost, can't get everything you want in a light, great quality and service to back it up, ansi testing and a very low price. But we can give you everything but the testing...and a promise you will love the light and leave a glowing review for others to read

Ask the flashlight manufacture what their test results are. Many of them have a calibrated integrating sphere where they can do their own comparisons with all their flashlights they make.

Like - OTF (out-the-front) lumens, lux and/or candela - to determine how well it throws

At least this is a step in the right direction, yes?

You can advertise 1000 lumens all day long and some will believe it. But it's just perpetuating flashlight ignorance and meaningless numbers.

All I'm requesting is to simply ask.
Yes you guys are still an awesome dive shop :) with top notch service that's why I ordered a the X-Deep Black from you!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom