Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: DRIS Freebies - Ideas needed

Rebreather Pilot

is landlocked again:(

Dives
    50 - 99
    The drawstring bags you guys were giving out last year were great advertising and I enjoyed using it. I used mine to carry my lunch and stuff to work until the logo came off and it started giving out on me, and had dozens of people ask me about my diving, and about your shop from seeing the bag. A neoprene mask strap cover with the DRIS logo would probably be cheap, useful, and would get your name out to lots of folks. I have one from LP that I use on my "favorite" mask, but I turned the logo to the inside. I would definitely display one with your logo if I had one. Keep up the good work!!!

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
    Please visit our Sponsor Page!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Thanks for all the great feedback I try to keep them useful, but what is useful to one, may not be to another Glad you liked the bag apache

This will be one of the next freebies once we get our main order in stock
    DRIS Dive Gear DRIS Dive Mat - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I think this will be a sweeet shwag addition to the orders.
    Dive Right In Scuba.com
    Mike Pedersen, Operations Manager

815-267-8400

Like us on Facebook - Dive Shop
    Like us on Facebook- Dive Boat

NA

Extremly happy and relaxed
    after 18 hours of blue water
    bottom time over 5 days.

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos
    I ordered the water bottle! Sure, I saw the "Free Stuff" section and took a look but when I saw it I thought to myself that I had coffee cups but not a nice water bottle and this sure would be a good way for me to try to make a small life style change at work while giving a plug for DRIS.

So I'd say do things that are relatively low cost yet contribute to your marketing efforts.

Personally I'm looking for a mask strap cover and the DRIS logo is pretty cool looking.

Registered

Status quo

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    One thing I love about ordering from a particular shop is that they usually throw in a sticker or two. Sometimes it's their own decal, sometimes belonging to one of the brands they carry, and most recently, a SB decal. They're great for decorating hard cases and car windows.

Not as handy as a water bottle or dive mat, but still liked.
    "Quotes are inspiration for the uninspired" Richard Kempf

"Control is the new deep" Eponym

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
    Please visit our Sponsor Page!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    We have been sending out a couple stickers with every order for almost a year now They are the same quality stickers as our Visual Inspection stickers. So they are really nice That is an automatic freebie we don't even advertise. Great to hear people like and use the stickers though
    Dive Right In Scuba.com
    Mike Pedersen, Operations Manager

815-267-8400

Like us on Facebook - Dive Shop
    Like us on Facebook- Dive Boat

Solo Diver

Set in His ways Diver

Dives
    500 - 999
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Right In Scuba View Post
    We have been sending out a couple stickers with every order for almost a year now They are the same quality stickers as our Visual Inspection stickers. So they are really nice That is an automatic freebie we don't even advertise. Great to hear people like and use the stickers though
    I like the stickers. I stick them covertly in shops I get air from or on boats I dive from..........

Captain

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Free Beer!!!

Registered

Ohhh noooo, I lost my goat!

Dives
    100 - 199
    I like the o-ring tank keychain idea, as well as all the safety equipment (cutters, whistles, etc.). For another idea, how about a micro-fiber lens cleaning cloth all done up with a cool shipwreck or reef on it with your logo?

A beach towel would be really cool too, and could display your name really big!

Registered

ancadirt

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    "This will be one of the next freebies once we get our main order in stock
    DRIS Dive Gear DRIS Dive Mat - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL"

I got one of those from another vendor at BTS. They are REALLY useful. Problem is that my wife commissioned it immediately for her own personal use on the beach...so much for that.
    PansSiren likes this.

Senior Moderator

Status quo

Dives
    500 - 999
    I too rarely order because of the swag, but do like surprises when I get orders from vendors . The best bang for YOUR buck will be something that stays around a while and gets your name out there- so lens cloths, mask straps, etc are all good, cheap, and give you good exposure. I personally like defog, sunblock and lip balm (chapstick) that can be logo'd for you. Even those little LED squeeze lights are fairly cheap in volume. Water bottles and beach mats are fairly costly so I understand why you need substantial minimum orders to offer those.
    Mike

"The world is changed by your example, not by your opinions" - Paulo Coelho

"Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong"....Leo Buscaglia
    "Where there is shouting there is no true knowledge......Leonardo da Vinci

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast