DRIS Freebies - Ideas needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have a couple questions and need some feedback from all of you. We have Freebies setup that we give away when people order products from us. We typically buy a few hundred of X product, and when it runs out, we get something different.

Right now, we have Whistles and Waterbottles:
Free Stuff - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Yes, it is Shwaag. :D

I am wondering if people even like or use this stuff? I just don't want to waste money on things people just get for free, then throw away.

Any feedback on the Current Freebies? Did you get one? Are you using it? Waste of money?

Any ideas for other Freebies?

Thanks in advance :)

Forget about the water bottles. Just stock more real product and do your usual good job of having the item in stock and providing good customer service.

Forget about the water bottles.

How could I? I'm using one of those daily :)

Seriously though, it did not influence any buying decisions, but it's nice to have. How about a linecutter or one of those tanks containing o-rings if you're ordering new ones?

I still carry the mirror I got from you, that replaced my worn out one. Maybe offer options, like pick a mirror, whistle, cutter of some kind, etc?

Safety gear is always good since so few seem to carry any. I have given two whistles away to people who didn't carry one.

Personally water bottles are useless to me. I have my favorites I use Contigo!

I got one of the water bottles with an order I placed on a great Black Friday sale. I haven't used it, yet, but I believe it did get used by some visitors we've had. Personally, if I want/need something, I'm just going to buy it. Now if you started giving away clothing (t-shirts, etc), I would definitely be more interested in using that.

The next one is a Dive mat. The nice thing about the Water bottles and such, they are cheap. So alot of people can get them. We don't do it to try and talk you into buying from us, we just want to give away some Shwag :) I just wonder if people like it or not.

I will see about a line cutter with out logo on it, but at some point, Manufacturers might not see it as Shwag, and think we are doing it to sway peoples buying decisions :wink: Their are alot of games to be played sometimes to make things happen or abide by the rules. That is the reason you don't see loyalty points on all products.....some manufacturers say "NOPE". So I have to make sure it stays within shwag guidelines (whatever that is...LOL) or be prepared for people to complain, then the manufacturers make us kill a program because it violates MAP Policies.

Thanks for the feedback so far, this is exactly what I wanted :D

Despite being able to choose the more expensive bottle, i chose the whistle cause i figured it'll be more useful when i'm diving. But like what mdb said, having stock & incredible customer service is what brings in the customer. And that's also the exact reason i went with u guys for my 1st BP/W! Kudos to DRIS for accommodating & answering all my queries especially Debbie :)

But if you really must give freebies out, how bout Carabina's, line cutters, T-Shirts, towel, mask defogger, mask strap, Key-Rings, lanyard, car decals... thats all i can think up so far. Figured i owe u guys for the great service :)

I have to agree that the freebies are not the reason I buy from DRIS, it is the great friendly service I get. But I also don't mind getting, say a DRIS shirt that advertises that I buy from there, some of the best free advertising a company can get I think. I think as others have mentioned the best stuff is stuff that gets regular use, like shirts, towels, slap straps, caribiners, etc.

How about dry suits, I'd love a free dry suit!

I appreciate the swag, but it doesn't influence my buying.

You're almost giving away a Whites Fusion dry suit this week, so go all the way and give it away? Giving away free stuff does not really influence my purchasing habits since these are inexpensive items that may or may not be useful (although I do wear the free t-shirt you sent years ago). As mentioned by others, small items that are in common use, especially consumables like defogger, are nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom