Lengthen Whites Fusion Legs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foglesre

Contributor
Reaction score
Mike,

Very happy with my new Fusion Sport that I got from you. Silicone seals with the SLT system are phenomenal. I was a little worried about discomfort from the Necktite on my boney collarbone, but no issues at all (as long as they didn't rest on the suspender tabs). I also had to figure out the issue with the suspender / crotch tightness issue. But I did 23 dive with it in Belize last week and it kept me warm and dry. Sadly, in 78 degree water, I was cold in 7mm wetsuit with 3mm hooded vest so I dove dry...

Two issues though. First, I hate the three-way seam in the top of the sock. It digs right into the top of my boney foot. Terrible design. Light wool hiking socks plus the 3mm Whites neoprene socks reduced the pain but it was still very uncomfortable for me. I would love to hear any other ideas on how to deal with this.

Second, the legs are just too short. At 6'1" 165lbs, the L/XL suits is great in girth and torso length, but with my 35 inch inseam legs, the legs are divable but uncomfortably short. With my frog kick, there is constantly pressure on my kneecaps. With straight lefts the suit is taught shoulder to heels. Is the any way to add 2 inches to the length of the legs???

I should also say I love the Fusion boot system, though for colder water diving I should probably upsize to size 13 boots versus the 12s I bought. I also want to report that the Fusion boots fit great into the XXL HOG Tech 2 fins I got from y'all. Love the red fins!

Anyway, thanks for the great service and great deals DRIS has provided. I hope you can help me come up with a way to alter this suit to make it perfect.

Regards,

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I had that discussion with Mike before buying but he said the 2XL/3XL was going to have way too much material and that I definitely didn't want it. Still hoping that an alteration is possible.

I should say that my inseam (the length of pants I typically order) is a bit longer than the crotch to floor measurement in the sizing chart, but it was definitely outside the range on the actual chart measurement by a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contact Gamblescuba.com, Gainesville, Fla.......The owner Steve and his wife, are very knowledgeable and have been 'fixing' both dry and wet suits for years.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom