Hurricane service manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was reading the service manual, and noted that removing the HP valve seat is not mentioned. Is this a purposeful omission? I suspect cleaning solvents could damage the 0-ring, and it might be difficult to dry behind the seat. Also is it normal for IP to drop by 15 -20 psi during a purge?
Thanks for your comments.

Hey JB,

If understood correctly, you are trying to remove the HP seat directly from the metal poppet? The new HP seat is already on the poppet, so no need to try to remove it. As for the IP drop, it is normal to see a drop of 15-20psi if the purge is pressed down completely. It will go back to the set IP as soon as the purge is let go.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, I think my terminology is wrong. I believe it is the "crown in Aqualung speak or the HP seat in Beuchat speak" that is held in the 1st stage by an 012 o-ring that the "HP seat in DiveRite speak" seals against. In your excellent photographic service manual you don't mention removing or replacing this part? Just wondering why?
Thanks

JB:
Thanks for the reply, I think my terminology is wrong. I believe it is the "crown in Aqualung speak or the HP seat in Beuchat speak" that is held in the 1st stage by an 012 o-ring that the "HP seat in DiveRite speak" seals against. In your excellent photographic service manual you don't mention removing or replacing this part? Just wondering why?
Thanks

Are you referring to the "HP seat" shown on page 46 of this manual?

http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_172.pdf

The confusion seems to be that there are two components referred to as the "HP seat" in the manual. The poppet/high pressure assembly on page 39-40 and the "seat" on p. 46.

Attached is a photo of the "crown" next to the body of the first stage. Just wondering why removal was not shown in the manual? thanks

Attachments

• DSCN1512.jpg
    DSCN1512.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 130
JB:
Attached is a photo of the "crown" next to the body of the first stage. Just wondering why removal was not shown in the manual? thanks

Removal of that component is shown, on page 46 of the link above.

"17) Use a 4mm Allen Key to
Push the HP seat out of the
First stage block."

???

Thanks for that, I have the 2006 manual, that doesn't show that step. I wonder if the design has changed? It makes sense now. The only other thing I was concerned about is that there is no mention of the little white teflon backup ring in the HP Assembly, are you not supposed to change this even though one is supplied in the kit?

Last edited:
Could someone please send me the service manual for the hurricane? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom