TravelPac vs VoyagerPac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MT_Dweller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm interested in the differences between these two "travel" BCD's. My local DS does not have either of these in stock, and the owner is current out of town. From what I can tell, and according to the specs these look to be very similar, except the Voyager is heavier 6 lbs, has 35 lbs of lift, and can support upto 32 lbs of weight. The TravelPac looks like the younger sibling weighing 5.8 lbs, 25 lbs of lift and can support 10 lbs of weight. Am I missing anything? Any other noticeable differences? Thanks for your input.

I believe you have nailed it.

You pretty much nailed it from a technical perspective. Now from a functional perspective, depending on the diving you do you'll find that one is more suitable than the other. If you dive with a large cylinder (e.g. HP100, 15l steel, etc.) and like to take a stage with you, you'll find that the extra lift of the VoyagerPac comes in handy. If you only dive single 80s and don't use stage/deco cylinders, the TravelPac would be more than adequate.

I've owned a TravelPak for years and dive single 80s or HP100s and occasionally have taken small deco bottles but don't take a lot of weight.

Whichever you decide to go for, they are great pieces of kit.

I have also been using the TravelPac for a few years, and used it with an HP100 plus an S30 stage with no issues.

Dive Rite make good kit IMHO and very happy with other kit from them that I also use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom