New 905 Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brysonjk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello,

I have a 10 year old 905 drysuit (blue front zip). I have been considering a new drysuit for some time now, and really like the new 905. A friend of mine recently purchased one, and we found the zipper (T zip, I think it is called) to leak on almost every dive. He has found that if he gobs ziptech on it, it will not leak for one dive, but you have to do this each dive. It is only leaking from the end where the zipper seats when zipped. We tested this one night with soapy water.

Is this normal for the new zippers? Should I tell him to contact support? Should I expect the same routine?

Thanks for any information.

Hi brysonjk,
The zippers do need to be kept lubed and clean to seal. The zipper also needs a good seat at the end to seal. You should not have to put globs of ziptech just to get it to seal.

I would have your friend contact our service department, we should take a look at it to see if there is a defect in the zipper.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Safe Diving,
Jared

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom