Connection problem? Pc --> Comp. Drivers maybe ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_dragon_no1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Having upgraded from vista 64bit to windows 8.1 64bit, i can no longer get my comp connected to the pc.. tried DM5 (never got DM to work anyways tho), and subsurface..
Talked to Subsurface, they didn't know exactly what it was, but they as me suspect driver issues..
Anyone have a trick up there sleeve maybe ?

I'm assuming you're using a suunto device? If you are connecting via USB, I am pretty sure the chip used is ftdi. Open your device manager and plug in the cable. If you don't see it recognized, then you likely have a driver issue. Suunto's site should have the driver, though you may be able to find a generic ftdi diver as well.

Sorry yeah, suunto zoop. I'll check that out, thanks

If you are using a third party cable, there are a couple, the drivers will not be on Suunto's site. You may have to seach for the drivers, try "Suunto USB drivers" of look on eBay for vendors and contact them.

If DMx didn't work it may be because you have a non Suunto cable. Dive Manager would not play well with at least one of the third party cables, been there done that.

Ok yeah i see now, searching online that i already have installed the latest ftdi drivers few days ago from ftdichip.com.

---------- Post added January 25th, 2015 at 05:42 PM ----------

If you are using a third party cable, there are a couple, the drivers will not be on Suunto's site. You may have to seach for the drivers, try "Suunto USB drivers" of look on eBay for vendors and contact them.

If DMx didn't work it may be because you have a non Suunto cable. Dive Manager would not play well with at least one of the third party cables, been there done that.
Really im not shure. Its borrowed from a friend. Never ever had connection problems at all with subsurface on vista 64 tho.

---------- Post added January 25th, 2015 at 06:15 PM ----------

Problem solved.. deleted DM, suunto drivers and Subsurface. Reboot. Then install Subsurface Only.. now it was possible to select com3 in the ss meny thing. All good :)
Again, only shows that DM causes noting but trouble!!! :)

Last edited:
I'm on windows 7 , 64 bit. Using Suunto DM3 & Suunto USB cable.
I found the driver for suunto's USB cable won't load properly.
There's a problem with Microsoft signature, doesn't recognize it.

Work around:
Start windows, press F8.
Select option 8 Disable Force MS Signatures & driver will load successfully.
Start DM & select little computer icon to find your connection.

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom