DiveNav/DCBuddy/Diving Log 5.0/Dive Log/DivePal/and more... Which to use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bclark0015

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
If there are others out there like me, you are having an incredibly hard time trying to decipher between all the diving apps/softwares/accessories and so forth.

I've come across so many different options and frankly, I really wish someone could just tell me which is the best to use based on what I want to do, listed below:

1) I have a Mares Puck 3
2) I want to download data from my Puck 3 and export it to an app on my phone
3) If possible, I'd like the availability to export that data whether via cloud, excel, etc. to my computer. However, that is not a requirement, just a plus.

So basically...#1 and #2 above are my only, simple requirements. Any help whatsoever is incredibly appreciated.

The reasons I am having so much trouble when I find something are: a) I find a computer diving log software but no app, b) I find an app but no connection ability to my Puck 3, c) I find a connection app but cannot determine if it is compatible with my Puck 3.

I'm kind of desperate, haha. If someone knows:

1) What connecting piece of equipment I need to get (Mares Interface Connector?) and 2) What app I need to get to work with it, I'd be in heaven.

What is your phone?

oops...forgot to include that. Iphone 6

.... 1) I have a Mares Puck 3

If someone knows:
1) What connecting piece of equipment I need to get (Mares Interface Connector?) and 2) What app I need to get to work with it, I'd be in heaven.

In theory the Mares Puck 3 should be a Mares Puck inside a console with a pressure gauge and a compass.
So, in that scenario, you could use our DCbuddy for Mares Puck and either our divePAL App or the Dive log app from More Mobile Software.

3) If possible, I'd like the availability to export that data whether via cloud, excel, etc. to my computer. However, that is not a requirement, just a plus. .
divePAL allows you to upload logs with our divePAL cloud and so synch them with other devices (as an example a PC by using divePAL Windows)

1) I have a Mares Puck 3
3) If possible, I'd like the availability to export that data whether via cloud, excel, etc. to my computer. However, that is not a requirement, just a plus.

Hi

If the Puck 3 is actually a Puck in a console, Diving Log 5.0 can download it directly. You can also sync to the iOS Dive Log app from More Mobile Software. And you can also export your data to Excel or several cloud solutions.

Kind regards,
Sven

Went ahead and bought the advanced license on my iphone for the divePAL app. At $3.99 wasn't going to break the bank to try it out. I'm trying to log my dives manually, and i've run into one issue so far:

1) I cannot edit my max depth anywhere in the app on my first log (I did have it in there, now it is gone, and it says "No Profile to Analyze...There is no profile to analyze for this dive." So now I cannot update the max depth as that is what I have to click to get there.

---------- Post added May 28th, 2015 at 04:09 PM ----------

Went ahead and bought the advanced license on my iphone for the divePAL app. At $3.99 wasn't going to break the bank to try it out. I'm trying to log my dives manually, and i've run into one issue so far:

1) I cannot edit my max depth anywhere in the app on my first log (I did have it in there, now it is gone, and it says "No Profile to Analyze...There is no profile to analyze for this dive." So now I cannot update the max depth as that is what I have to click to get there.

Deleted my first log to try again. It works once I go into the log and get everything loaded...then, when I go back to the home screen...no depth is reflected and if I go back into that log, I get the same error mentioned above.

screenshots of the problem
image.jpgimage.jpg

.......Deleted my first log to try again. It works once I go into the log and get everything loaded...then, when I go back to the home screen...no depth is reflected and if I go back into that log, I get the same error mentioned above.
App works fine (almost) :D
When you create a manual log make sure you also create a dive profile for it.
Tap on "Tap to Add Profile"
Enter Max Depth and Dive Time and then tap on Set
The app will then show you a screen where you can draw a dive profile..... tap on the screen to create as many points as you like.
Tap Save once you are done with it.

divePAL iPhone is a bit limited compared to divePAL Windows or divePAL iPad (screen is much smaller) and some features are not available.
As an example, in divePAL iPhone you can not edit a dive profile once you have entered it (just delete the dive and re-do it), but in divePAL Windows and divePAL iPad you can. (Will see if we can add it to the next version)

If you have a Mac, I've found the absolute best, and most pain-free combination is that of MacDive and Dive Log on the iPhone. Super easy to both download dives, as well as sync with my iPhone.

App works fine (almost) :DWhen you create a manual log make sure you also create a dive profile for it. Tap on "Tap to Add Profile"Enter Max Depth and Dive Time and then tap on SetThe app will then show you a screen where you can draw a dive profile..... tap on the screen to create as many points as you like.Tap Save once you are done with it.divePAL iPhone is a bit limited compared to divePAL Windows or divePAL iPad (screen is much smaller) and some features are not available. As an example, in divePAL iPhone you can not edit a dive profile once you have entered it (just delete the dive and re-do it), but in divePAL Windows and divePAL iPad you can. (Will see if we can add it to the next version)
Any ideas when a new version is coming out? Yeah it still won't save my depth on manual entries. It will take it on try #1. But when I exit that log and go back to the main screen...everything saves perfectly except the depth. Then when I go back into it the dive profile is blank and if I click to edit the dive profile it says no dive profile found. Software seems pretty cool but that seems like an update you'd want to fix pretty quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom