Stand for Sierra?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not that i aware of, there was a trend a while back to make them from plastic bins, I seem to recall some threads covering the topic.

The Gavin's have lots of stands as they were typically very heavy and delicate, as scooters got lighter and more durable they have become less essential.

When you're heading out in a 6-person boat going through a little weather and the scooter is bouncing up and down in the back every time you hit a big wave, I promise you it is NOT no longer important to have a stand. Can you point me to any info on the plastic bins?

When you're heading out in a 6-person boat going through a little weather and the scooter is bouncing up and down in the back every time you hit a big wave, I promise you it is NOT no longer important to have a stand. Can you point me to any info on the plastic bins?

I have to agree with Ben. I built cradle / stand. I never use it any more. They just take up room. On a bouncing boat you still need to secure your scooter whether or not it's on a stand.

Dive X scooters are the form factor of a scuba cylinder. Jam it in a tank rack, shove it under a bench, etc. A stand just makes for a larger package to stow.

Don't worry, one you get over the first few nick and scratches you won't be too worried about a stand...........

Tobin

I built a cradle from a milk crate and some foam pipe insulation. I'd have to agree with the others, just secure it without one... When I get home in a few hours I'll take a picture and post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know how worrisome having your expensive scooter in danger of damage can be...but, I have to agree with Ben and Tobin, though: don't bother.

As you can see, we have done this a couple of times :)

The danger of a rolling, pitching, heaving and otherwise unstable boat seems like more risk than it really is.

All the best, James

I built a cradle from a milk crate and some foam pipe insulation. I'd have to agree with the others, just secure it without one... When I get home in a few hours I'll take a picture and post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here you go

IMG_1311.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom