Dive Computer Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like it. Jen's not wearing a wetsuit. What was the video about again?

Jen's not wearing a wetsuit....
Yes, she wants to go diving in warm waters :D

....What was the video about again?
The video is a promo of the new service we are going to launch at DEMA; We will have online Specialty Classes for various dive computers

Alberto

I would love to see the actual programs... which one is Jen in?

But really, I have been arguing that there is not enough solid info on how to DIVE with a PDC. Hopefully, this is more than just how to push the buttons.

...But really, I have been arguing that there is not enough solid info on how to DIVE with a PDC. Hopefully, this is more than just how to push the buttons....

In addition to Specialty Classes SPECIFIC to branded dive computers (that will show how to push buttons and read the display), we will have the "Intorduction to Dive Computer" class that will cover the theory behind DC.

Alberto

Last edited:
Added Tusa Zen IQ-900 dive computer - Specialty Class

This class includes 37 professionally done videos, several quizzes and a final test.

The class shows how to program the ZEN, then takes you for a virtual dive with the ZEN first using air then with Nitrox. It shows you also how to perform a deep stop and gas switching, it covers decompression situations and reviews how the Zen responds to those potentially dangerous situations - such as ascending too fast or going too deep - that you might encounter while diving.

Added Oceanic Veo 3.0 dive computer - Specialty Class

This class includes 41 professionally done videos, several quizzes and a final test.

The class shows how to program the Veo 3.0, then takes you for a virtual dive with the Veo 3.0 first using air then with Nitrox. It shows you also how to perform a deep stop and gas switching, it covers decompression situations and reviews how the Veo 3.0 responds to those potentially dangerous situations - such as ascending too fast or going too deep - that you might encounter while diving.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom