Smartphone Oxygen Analyzer for Nitrox divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
main_page_image_nitroxbuddy_560.jpg

More and more recreational SCUBA divers use NITROX in their tanks either to enjoy longer dives, have shorter surface intervals, or to have more conservative dives. But, diving with a gas with high Oxygen content has its own risks.
It is common practice for a diver to use specialized Oxygen Analyzers to check the Oxygen content of a scuba tank before using it.
Unfortunately, those analyzers are quite expensive and have very limited features. We believe that every diver should have his/her Personal Oxygen Analyzer and that is why we have created Nitroxbuddy.

Nitroxbuddy is awireless Oxygen Analyzer that reads an existing Oxygen Sensor and displays data on a Bluetooth 4.0 capable smartphone.

If you are a Nitrox diver, or are interested in becoming one, and would like to know more about a smarter and affordable Nitrox Analyzer, check out our Nitroxbuddy campaign on Kickstarter.
This is your best chance to get a Nitroxbuddy at a very special preorder price.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

It looks like our Nitroxbuddy campaign on Kickstarter is off to a great start. We reached 50% of our goal in just 2 days.

At this rate we are going to run out of devices by this week-end .... I better plan to build more
04.gif

Alberto (aka eDiver)

looks good but not practical for me.... until google or some enterprising xda developer gets bluetooth LE working. I know the galaxy s3, note II, and s4 i think support it hardware but the OS is still lacking.

...... until google or some enterprising xda developer gets bluetooth LE working. I know the galaxy s3, note II, and s4 i think support it hardware but the OS is still lacking.
Actually we DO have LE working (beta) on the S3 using the (limited) library provided by Samsung .... check this out :wink:

It is a little bit less performing than the iPhone 4S, but still good enough.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Our Nitroxbuddy project on Kickstarter has been FUNDED!

That was fast :)

A BIG THANK YOU to all our backers, to the Kickstarter community and to the Scubaboard community.

Now ..... back to work on next project
03.gif

Alberto (aka eDiver)

P.S.
Less than 10 Nitroxbuddy are still available at the special price of $159.
Hurry Up! Get your own Nitroxbuddy before they are all gone.

The $159 rewards level on Kickstarter with estimated delivery in July are ALL GONE :wink:

Next batch (of 25) is scheduled for delivery in early August. Get your Nitroxbuddy on Kickstarter (now at $164) before these ones are gone too.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom