My bluebuddy App for Android V1.1: Release Notes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I am glad to report that the new version 1.1 of the My bluebuddy App for Android is now available on Google Play.

New Features​

- Dive Analyzer
- From the "Profile" log view, press the stylized "A" on the action bar to access analysis features.
- Select any combination of items, these will be drawn as additional graphs on the profile.
- Touch anywhere on the profile, and the depth, time, and the value of the first three analysis options selected at that time well be shown above the graph.
- Press the bar graph button near the profile to show/hide the nitrogen tissue saturation graph.
- The graph shows the tissue saturation of nitrogen in various compartments throughout the dive (controlled by moving the current time on the profile).

- Default Gear
- Access this menu under the User Settings seciton of the settings menu.
- Allows you to define up to three default gear setups (including exposure suit, BCD, air tank, and additional weight information).
- Select which setup you want to use.
- When downloading logs, the currently selected setup will be used in the log.

- Support for HTC Smartphones
- All HTC devices that have Bluetooth LE support may now be used with My bluebuddy Android.
- See compatibility ratings for more info.

- Support for Motorola Razr Maxx HD
- All Motorola devices that have Bluetooth LE support may now be used with My bluebuddy Android.
- See compatibility ratings for more info.

Smartphones Compatibility Ratings

Despite the fact that Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy is a standard, support for Bluetooth LE varies to a wide degree across the various Android devices that support it, we will be rating any and all devices we can test My bluebuddy on for compatibility, and listing issues we discover. 10 is best, 1 is terrible. Our reference is Apple iOS BLE library (that we have rated 9 .... nobody is perfect)

Samsung
Known Phones: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2
Rating: 3/10
Issues:
- Bluetooth adapter sometimes deadlocks, causing the phone to restart.
- Certain forms of communication are extremely slow.
- Requests a security PIN during connection even though bluebuddy does not use one. Enter "0" to bypass this screen.

Motorola
Known Phones: Motorola Razr Maxx HD and Razr XT910
Rating: 3/10
Issues:
- Often difficult to establish a connection with bluebuddy.
- Sometimes appears connected, but specific operations such as downloading logs will fail.

HTC
Known Phones: HTC One, One X+ and Droid DNA
Rating: 7/10
Issues:
- Sometimes difficult to establish a connection with bluebuddy.
- Rarely, bluetooth adapter causes the phone to restart during connection.

Bug Fixes​

- Fixed a bug that prevented users from entering any air tank information for dives. All dives now have one air tank. Older dives will have a default tank automatically added.
- Fixed a bug that caused the water temperature data of profiles to not be recorded. Already downloaded logs will attempt to rebuild this data, but may not be able to.

Misc​

- On phones using Samsung BLE 4.1 Library, a dialog will now inform the user that they should enter "0" to bypass the security PIN prompt. This dialog may be disabled through the "Don't show this again" checkbox.
- Added a quick toggle to enable / disable the phone's Bluetooth adapter to the connection screen.
- Added First and Last Name to divePAL register screen.

I bought the Blue Buddy on Kickstarter and so far I am impressed. Do you plan to offer a full iPad version?

Reggie in NC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom