Can't seem to get DivePal to work.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've used DivePal on/off since it first came out and I really like the idea. I go through periods when I want to use it and others where it isn't adding anything more. Right now I would really like to use it to see my N2 loading as I'm changing my diving profiles.

What makes it hard is until recently I did not have access to profiles from my dive computer, and now that I do it isn't in a format that DivePal accepts easily. OK, I can live with that.

I have no trouble entering a dive, but:
  1. Getting it to save consistently is a problem
  2. Retrieving the saved dive is even worse.
  3. I now tried the iPhone app and what I log there and upload to divePal doesn't show on my PC.

I have checked with online help and can't seem to find anything that addresses my problems.
I have checked this forum and it is a little more helpful but still isn't solving most of them.

It seems that it may be a resolution problem. I have my screen on 1920 x 1080 but when I start DivePal it advises me I am on a low res screen DP1.JPG

Also DP keeps crashing. I'm running Win8 on 64bit, but it has done this for a long time, well before I changed machines and got stuck with Win8.

I'm getting a suunto vyper soon so some of the problems may go away.

Thanks, I really want to play with DivePal. It is the only thing I know that can show the compartment loading.

I logged 2 dives and my account shows 2 logged dives. I can see one, but it won't retrieve. Also the top dive is cut off and won't scroll to see it.DP2.JPG

Solved some of the issues. Got to make the print smaller in display, not the size of the display.

..... until recently I did not have access to profiles from my dive computer, and now that I do it isn't in a format that DivePal accepts easily. .....
What dive computer are you using?

Old Uwatec Aladin Sport. Got a older, but not ancient, Suunto Vyper coming. I've got the memomouse and get the data from the Uwatec in tabular and graphical form. For us older computer users, a way of entering data via a table or keyboard rather than using the mouse would be much quicker.

New issue. Sometimes I can link dives into a series, and not others. Is there a time limit between dives for linking. The ones I want to link have a SI of 21:22.

iPhone DivePal and PC DivePal logs still not interchanging. I list them as private for now.

Lastly, to get DivePal to work I have to set the display size to 100%. On a 1920 x 1080 screen that is too small for my 56 year old eyes to see well. I like my display on 125%, but at that setting DivePal cuts important stuff off. If I could enlarge the window to full screen it would help.

.....iPhone DivePal and PC DivePal logs still not interchanging. I list them as private for now......
mmmhhhh ...
Did you try with saving a dive as public?

We are looking into this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom