Nitroxbuddy Smartphone Oxygen Analyzer: Analysis mode - video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Nitroxbuddy - Analysis mode
How to analyze the gas content of a tank using Nitroxbuddy.

[video=youtube;zIwjhC3gF6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwjhC3gF6A[/video]

Interesting, and a nice looking app for the iPhone. I'd be more likely to buy one, though, if it had a DIN connection available. It would also be nice if it displayed the flow rate, rather than having to just guess that it's in the right range.

......I'd be more likely to buy one, though, if it had a DIN connection available......
Nitroxbuddy can be used with either DIN or Yoke valves.

...... It would also be nice if it displayed the flow rate, rather than having to just guess that it's in the right range.
In order to be able to display the flow rate we would need a sensor to measure it. And this could subtantially increase the price of the product.

An alternative could be to modify Nitroxbuddy and retrofit it with an LPI adapter that includes a flow restrictor.

An alternative could be to modify Nitroxbuddy and retrofit it with an LPI adapter that includes a flow restrictor.

I had been thinking of tapping the "ball" end to allow for a barbed tubing fitting. Any thoughts? Concerns?

I had been thinking of tapping the "ball" end to allow for a barbed tubing fitting. Any thoughts? Concerns?
Our recommendation is to "saw off" the ball (just make sure you remove the O2 sensor first :D) so you can expose the thread of the O2 sensor. Then you can use any of the LPI adapters available in the market. Including the one we (will) offer.

We are preparing a video to show how to retrofit Nitroxbuddy with an LPI adapter.

I understand it can be held up to a DIN valve just like a yoke, but a true DIN attachment would be nice to have. OTOH, I'll take a look the LPI video when you get it done.

.... I'll take a look the LPI video when you get it done.
The LPI retrofit will look like this:

nb_lpi_2_560.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

any update on this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom