Smartphone Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Beta testing to begin in just few weeks.

Interested?
divenav_sdc_fast_ascent_alarm_560.png

Gadgets are fun... Don't depend on them though...

It may be because I've been on a severe and across-the-board gear purge the last couple months, but all this brings to mind is: "We spend money we don't have, to buy :censored: we don't need...". Then again, maybe there's a minimalist argument for having just one phone and a casing rather than a phone and a Shearwater...but given the casing, probably not.

Not knocking this specific model, just responding to the OP's gauging of interest in a phone/dive computer functionality that requires a separate case.

Iphone 6+?
It will depend on the manufacturers of housings for smartphones.

Right now we plan to support 11 different housings from 3 different manufacturers for 4 smartphone models (iPhone 4S, 5 and 6 and Samsung S3 and S4) and one tablet.

---------- Post added October 14th, 2014 at 06:14 PM ----------

....Not knocking this specific model, just responding to the OP's gauging of interest in a phone/dive computer functionality that requires a separate case.
Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited:
not interested. I rely on my phone to work after a dive. So it stays above water. It also costs about 10x what my dive computer(s) cost. So I will stick with purpose made instruments. Finely handcrafted to meet a specific need.

P.S. I think the picture is misleading... where is the case and the extra hardware required to sense depth...

Beta testing to begin in just few weeks.

Interested?
divenav_sdc_fast_ascent_alarm_560.png

I just paid ~$850 for a 6+. Add in the cost of a case safe to 300 feet, plus whatever depth gauges etc that would be needed, and all I can think is "why would I risk my 6+, plus the multiple hundreds of dollars in case and sensors, when I can get an awesome PDC for 600-850"?

Because you might still be holding onto your older phone. Best I can do is a Samsung S2. :-(

Better check Apple Care first...
This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom