Bluebuddy Not Logging Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFRedrocks

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took my Bluebuddy out for two more dives yesterday. I connected with it using my IPhone and app prior to the first dive to make sure it was setup correctly, and then dove my first dive. When I finished, I was able to connect and download the first dive fine. I went back and did a second dive after about a 1 hour surface interval, and then left the dive site after I was done and packed up. When I got home, I had a hard time connecting to the Bluebuddy with my IPhone, and when I finally did, there was no second dive logged. So my question is, what would cause a dive NOT to log or for the log not to be available for download? The dive was about 35 minutes at a max depth of about 50 feet, averaging about 35 feet.

Thanks.

---------- Post added January 26th, 2015 at 10:29 AM ----------

FWIW, I just ran a couple of virtual dives using the app and Bluebuddy, and while both dives downloaded correctly, the data log does not seem to match the virtual dive. For example, the second dive had a max depth of 74 feet with a min temp of 60 degrees, but the log reports a max depth of 23 feet and temp of 63 degrees. So while my guess is that the depth is different because the units are different (I have my BB set to imperial units, and 74 feet just happens to equate to 23 METERS even though the log is in feet; this also occurred with the first virtual dive), the min temp doesn't match up. Not sure what's going on here, so any help you can provide would be great.

.... So my question is, what would cause a dive NOT to log or for the log not to be available for download? The dive was about 35 minutes at a max depth of about 50 feet, averaging about 35 feet..
What version of the My bluebuddy App are you using? (most recent is 1.2.4)
Is the date in bluebuddy correct?
Try removing from the logboook in the My bluebuddy app your most recent dives and then re-download them from bluebuddy.

..... FWIW, I just ran a couple of virtual dives using the app and Bluebuddy, and while both dives downloaded correctly, the data log does not seem to match the virtual dive. For example, the second dive had a max depth of 74 feet with a min temp of 60 degrees, but the log reports a max depth of 23 feet and temp of 63 degrees.
Could you please post images of what you see?

App version is latest (1.2.4).

When I connected BB at home to download the second dive, the date was incorrect, so I had to reset the date/time to the IPhone date/time. All other data (personal info, data settings, etc) were correct and still showed up in the app. I also rant the "info" diagnostic and everything, including the battery power seemed okay, but I don't know why the date/time were incorrect (don't remember exactly what date it was set at).

I can remove the one logged dive from the app and try to re-download. Question...when the app dive logs are cleared, do they still exist (and can be re-downloaded) from the BB itself?

I can send an image but it just looks like a standard dive profile. It's just that the depth seems to be in meters even though it reports in feet during the virtual dive and in the subsequent log. The temp just reports as Fahrenheit all across, it's just not mimicking what the virtual dive says it is during the "actual" virtual dive.

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6053.jpg

The issue is that this virtual dive reported (during the dive) a max depth of 74 feet and 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm assuming the blue line in the dive profile is the temperature?

Try removing from the logboook in the My bluebuddy app your most recent dives and then re-download them from bluebuddy.

I did this last night and while it did re-download the first dive, it still didn't download the second dive. My guess is for one reason or another, the device did not activate on the second dive and did not log anything during that one. Hence my original question as to what could cause the BB not to log a dive.

.... I'm assuming the blue line in the dive profile is the temperature?
Correct

---------- Post added January 28th, 2015 at 11:23 AM ----------

.... My guess is for one reason or another, the device did not activate on the second dive and did not log anything during that one. Hence my original question as to what could cause the BB not to log a dive.
The only reasons I could think of are either your bluebuddy has some issues or the contacts were not wet.
Let me know if this happens again and we will send you an RMA.

The only reasons I could think of are either your bluebuddy has some issues or the contacts were not wet.
Let me know if this happens again and we will send you an RMA.

Okay, while I can't see how the contacts could not be wet while I was under water for 30 minutes (the BB was clipped to my BC for both dives, D-ring on my chest), I will try it again when I dive next to see if it works correctly. I will be diving at the latest on 2/7, so I will let you know once I have taken it out again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom