ear issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peepspar5

New
Reaction score
Hi from Ft. Lauderdale. I am a new diver! Certified just this weekend. My question is: after the open water dive on Sun. my left ear felt as if it was clogged (kind of like water in it, but not as bad) as the day progressed Sun. and all day Mon. and still today my ear has itched so bad inside and is tender. Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Seems strange to me. It is only the one ear. Any help you can give to this new diver would greatly be appreciated! Thanks again!

Welcome to the board and to diving.

Go to the local drug store and buy some Ear Drops for Water sports (contains glycerin and alcohol. I am not a doctor, but it sounds like you got a little water trapped in the ear and stuff has started growing.

Last week after a pool sessions I had the same problem with my left ear. Then I couldn't get it to clear Saturday at the quarry. I went to the doctor on Sunday and it turned out to be an ear infection. You might want to see your doctor to check for infection. A friend and diver told me he has used a solution of 50% alcohol and 50% witch hazel. He places a few drops in his ears after each dive to help prevent ear problems.

Thanks to both of your RocketMan and Pasley. My dive instructor told me on my sencond dive that he always puts a 3 parts, white vinegar, alcohol and water in his ears. Appreciate you getting back to me.

Welcome to the board!
You are on the right track. Good luck.

Joe

Equalize before the dive, several times more in the first 30 feet, then treat your ears with alcohol and whatever after every dive. My last ear infection was so bad I missed work. If you don't feel better by Wednesday, I'd be in the doctor's office.

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to Scubaboard peepspar! Happens to me too, and it goes away after a few days. Anyway, you sure live in a great place of the planet to dive. Have fun and dive safe!

wetrat

peepspar5:
and still today my ear has itched so bad inside and is tender. UOTE]

I am not a doctor but you should have put drops in it right away. It probably is infected now and since it has presisted see a Doctor :11:

Welcome to the board! Sorry you have to start out here trying to get info on problem ears. My Dive Buddy is also an Ear surgeon and has had me putting Alcohol, white vinegar and peroxide (1/3 of each) in my ears after EVERY dive for years. I have never had a problems since.

Good Luck
The Dive Bum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom