meds and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lejazhot

New
Reaction score
hi..new member from maine..how do you ask medical questions like can you dive when
you have HTN and take hctz??

lejazhot:
hi..new member from maine..how do you ask medical questions like can you dive when
you have HTN and take hctz??

Hi lejazhot

I'm not a doctor or even close. I am a diver with controled hypertension.

If I read the aplhabet soup right then you aked if you can dive with Hypetension while taking a diuretic.

What you need to do is check with your doctor. If you are in control then you will probably be cleared to dive. I was on HTZ when I started.

Be sure to speak with Dan or a dive savvy doctor. You will want to be extra vigilant with your hydration since the act of diving especially wet (not in a drysuit) is a powerful diuretic in it's own right. so you need to down more water.
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.asp?faqid=165

Get professional advice but don't let this deter you unlessyou are advised not to dive.

PS if you want to connect with a bunch of divers in Southern Maine PM me.

Pete

Welcome lejazhot! I'd concur with Leftwinger16. DAN is always a good choice, but a doc who is also a diver would be ideal.

Welcome to the board!
I hope you can get clearance to dive safely.

Joe

Hi There, I would always recommend that you get a diving medical if you are at all worried... but there is a very good informative website www.scuba-doc.com that you can look up information on medical queries. It is extremely easy to navigate, and gives good answers. Hope that helps!

You might also try finding a doc in your general area who either dives or is familiar with diving. It helps to have someone specific who knows and even treats you to answer your questions and give advise. For instance, if you are able to dive on diuretics, you're going to need a p-valve in your drysuit. :wink:

A

Howdy and welcome to SB!

We certainly have a wonderful Dive Medicine forum. Let me know if you need any help....

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-004.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom