straterra and other ADD drugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be visiting my doctor soon for an annual physical and want to talk to him about drugs for ADD. After dealing with my daughter's ADHD diagnosis I finally realize that many of my learning / focusing traits appear to be due to ADD.

What issues should I consider with respect to ADD meds and diving? Straterra would probably be the first drug to try but I want to be prepared to discuss the potential diving effects of drugs with the doc.

Thanks.

Adjust-jd the main things you would want to look out for with Straterra is nausea. Another more common side effect is insomnia but because you are not actually a fish the inability to sleep underwater shouldn't be a diving problem. :D A very uncommon (and possibly unrelated) symptom is suicidal ideation (suicidal thoughts). The incidence of this was less than 1% and was found with kids. As with any other medication make sure to try it for quite some time before you go diving. A.K.A don't get the perscription on monday and start diving that week. Give it some time so you can figure out how your body reacts to it. This is in no way official medical advice as only your doctor knows your medical history best. Just explain to your doctor your extreme love for diving and he will pick the best medication for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom