hiatus hernia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you are talking about when your stomach comes up through your diaphram, I dive with one with no problem. I asked my Doc if it would be ok and he said yes.

I am not a doctor, but...

I believe that hiatus hernia sometimes causes inflammation in the oesophagus. Depending on the seriousness of the restriction caused, it may have relevance with regard to the expansion of gasses within the stomach/gut. Apparently there are also considerations in a repaired hiatus hernia. See here here for some info

And here I thought a "hiatus hernia" was something you got on vacation from lifting too many heavy beverages.

please don't tell me there is a prob. diving with one, because I know for a fact I have one. I have not had any problems diving with it. Doc's on board do I need to recheck with a local doc before I dive again? The dr. I saw for the GERD (fixed with Nexium) and my family dr. said I could dive. Now you have me concerned. I do not equalize by swallowing.

Update.

I called my dr. and asked him which Herina I had and he said it was a sliding hernia. Docvikingo is that the one it is ok to dive with? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom