If you have had a stroke is diving still possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divereh:
A woman has had a sroke, is it still possible to dive?
I had a stroke Aug 03 and after a DAN Dr examined me at the end of Sep he gave me the ok to dive, I then went to PNG Coral sea and GBR 27 dives in three weeks no problems. But I would get a ok from a Dr in the diving field first, contact DAN they can put you in tuch with one.
Good luck
David

It think just saying stroke is way too broad to really get any kind of a specific answer for your friend. It all depends, first, did the person recover completely or what kind of deficit does the person has? Secondly, could the cause of the stroke be found and has the problem been corrected completely? Your friend should talk to her doctor about the likelihood of the recurrence of stroke. The medication that the person is on is also important or if the person has developed seizure from the scar tissue that the person has etc etc, the list of questions go on before your question could really be answer with any degree of accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom