Left shoulder hurts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drummerace

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone!

Ok, story time! On Sunday I went diving in San Diego at the kelp beds. Did two dives, deepest being 65. Both dives did decompression stop according to dive computer and the DM. After the dive, we traveled to Anaheim (near Disneyland). Yesterday, my shoulder was a little sore. Didn't hurt, no problem what so ever. Today, it hurts. Not unbearable or life stopper, but pretty damn annoying. If I stretch it, it helps relive it. Nothing else hurts or is a problem at all. I'm kind of new to this so I'm just making sure that it's nothing more then using my left shoulder to much getting on and off the dive boat haha.

Sent from my iPhone.

Just wait till you get old.

Sounds like what my father says to me after every workout haha

Sent from my iPhone.

I am certainly not the most qualified to give advise here, but i would advise unless you are confident that it is musscle related get it checked out.

Are you a DAN member? Call them and see what they think.

I'm thinking since it was okay the day after but sore on second day, it's muscular. But I'm an English major. So call DAN.

First call DAN and see what they say. If you feel as though your dive profile was conservative and would not put you at risk of DCS then other things to consider:

- Did you support your tank on your left shoulder when putting on or taking off?
- Did you stretch your shoulder while putting on/taking off wetsuit?
- Did you sleep on it and cause a cramp?

It could be that you have used muscles that are not normally used and it is an overuse issue and not DCS. Either way call DAN.

.... Both dives did decompression stop according to dive computer and the DM...

So that there is no confusion. Did you really mean to state you did a "decompression stop"? You did two dives to 65 feet and required a "decompression stop" on both?

What was your dive profile? How long was your dive?

By 'decompression stop' do you mean a required ceiling or merely the few minute safety stop many computers will always recommend? There is a big difference between these two stops resulting in different interpretations of such symptoms.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom