Clearing ears....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So my 16 got certified with me. I've had more exp. since then, but he's now venturing into it. We've realized he is having a hard time clearing one ear, on the decent, and on the acent. Sometimes it's a different on down than up. I've had him checked out with a ear, nose, throat dr., and he says everything looks tip top. Any suggestions? I really hate seeing him struggle with his ears and depth. Today we went on a short dive, only to 20' since one ear was bothering him. We did stay around 15' without any issue.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Bill-Maine

Thanks! I did find some other threads with helpful links. A bunch of reading to do today!

Bill

Ok, just thought I'd leave an update. First, thanks a bunch for the links. It did help alot. I am happy to say that today Shane was able to find a way to completely clear his ears comfortably and swiftly. Although we were only able to get to 18' in the pond (it's close to the house), he noticed a dramatic difference. The technique that works for him was to rear his head back as if he's standing and wants to look straight up and back a little, then does normal plug nose and blow. He was thrilled. One more dive later this week in say 30-40 to confirm that he indeed did figure it out. Very thrilled with the progress!

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom