Dexamethasone injection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skunked

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello I've been having trouble with recurring dizziness since my last dive 6 years ago. I never had dizziness before, now I get dizzy(like I'm moving when I'm not) after every plane flight usually lasting 3 weeks, plus headache and fatigue. I've been working with drs trying to figure this out. So far they have ruled out meneiers disease and migraines. I just got a call that my dr has scheduled me for dexamethezone injection I have no idea what this is for as he never discussed it with me. Any ideas? I came here because I think divers have more experience with dive related injuries, I realize this might not be what I have but would love some information if anyone does know something. Thanks
skunked

According to wikipedia:

[h=3]High-altitude illnesses[/h] Dexamethasone is used in the treatment of high-altitude cerebral edema, as well as pulmonary edema. It is commonly carried on mountain-climbing expeditions to help climbers deal with altitude sickness.[13][14]

I'd have to guess that this is what they're up to.

I just got a call that my dr has scheduled me for dexamethezone injection I have no idea what this is for as he never discussed it with me. Any ideas?
-- That would be "dexamethasone".

Hey Vpam, what's with the change of board names?

Injections directly into the middle ear space (transtympanic) of the corticosteroids methylprednisolone, dexamethasone or
betamethasone are sometimes administered in an attempt to control dizziness or sudden hearing loss if more conservative treatment approaches prove ineffective.

BTW, I would strongly recommend that if you have questions or concerns regarding procedures suggested by your doctor, go ahead and present them. After all, you are the customer, right?

Regards,

DocVikingo

Hi thanks again docvikingo
i just signed up for this forum thought I'd try a new name. I am going to be asking about this procedure. I was just called by reception to book things and was rather surprised. Of course I have left messages trying to get ahold of the doctor but he is very busy and never calls me back. Now I have a few things to look up. I find it better to know a little bit about what's going on before talking to drs. Otherwise they usually lose me halfway through.

vpam skunked either :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom