Eye Glasses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johlar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I wear over the counter reading glasses with a +1.75 rating. I have a definite issue reading my gauges under water, especially the ascension gauge.

My question is what's the best way to go as far as having corrective lenses put in a mask. I should mention that I'd prefer to keep my current mask, it's a perfect fit.

I have tried the stick on inserts but discovered that they fall off, move around etc.

Thanks for any suggestions.

johlar:
I wear over the counter reading glasses with a +1.75 rating. I have a definite issue reading my gauges under water, especially the ascension gauge.

My question is what's the best way to go as far as having corrective lenses put in a mask. I should mention that I'd prefer to keep my current mask, it's a perfect fit.

I have tried the stick on inserts but discovered that they fall off, move around etc.

There are lenses similar to the kind of glasses you are using that can be put into your mask replacing the lenses originally put in the mask. I bought some for my wife some years ago and they were about $25. I ve seen them more recently and the price was about the same.

:crafty:
johlar:

Have you ever thought about getting contact lenses? most eye doctors will give you at least a couple pairs of disposable lenses to try out for free. I only wear my contacts when diving or doing water sports, you can usually wear each pair at least 30 times if you look after them well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom