some help me from this rash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

corc

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone help, I just bought a new full 3mm suit by bare. I have worn it twice in the pool and both time i have got a rash by my shorts area bad and alittle on the stomach. but no other spots. the rash is awful, can't sleep and it itches so bad on the old private area. any suggestions. I worn a suit years ago and never had this happen. what it might be from....... or what to do..... better suit ... anything, i just want to stop itching and enjoy scuba.. Thnaks. This is not a good start.

what were u wearing beneath the suit?

Sounds to me if it's only around the shorts area and not ovr the body- may not necessarily be the suit.

Scuba_freak:
what were u wearing beneath the suit?

Sounds to me if it's only around the shorts area and not ovr the body- may not necessarily be the suit.

Sorry to mislead but thats the worst areas. I have found it on the feet now and a few other spots. but not as intense as it is in the shorts area. I must be alergic to the suit. Any suggestions maybe other suits. It can't be from direct contact because it isn't on my back or upper arms.

Maybe you have a laytex allergie.you could put vaseline all over you but that still might not help if thats what it is.
corc:
Sorry to mislead but thats the worst areas. I have found it on the feet now and a few other spots. but not as intense as it is in the shorts area. I must be alergic to the suit. Any suggestions maybe other suits. It can't be from direct contact because it isn't on my back or upper arms.

try handwashing the suit (wearing gloves) in your bath, using sterilising powder that is used for cleaning baby's bottles

you could just be allergic to the finishing rinse that they put on the suit after manufacturing, or the perfume/aftershave/body lotion that the person who tried the suit on before you used.

corc:
Can anyone help, I just bought a new full 3mm suit by bare. I have worn it twice in the pool and both time i have got a rash by my shorts area bad and alittle on the stomach. but no other spots. the rash is awful, can't sleep and it itches so bad on the old private area. any suggestions. I worn a suit years ago and never had this happen. what it might be from....... or what to do..... better suit ... anything, i just want to stop itching and enjoy scuba.. Thnaks. This is not a good start.

A couple of ideas. What's used in the pool to keep the water in balance. My LDS uses bromine, and lately I think they've been using a little too much. I haven't gotten a rash, but I've felt itching after being in the pool all weekend with an OW class. Other instructors and DMs have experienced the same thing. Although, I don't know if they've gotten rashes, too. So, ask around and see if this is happening to others. If it's not that, then make an appointment with your doctor. If the rash is gone, then, as painful as this might be, get in the pool with the suit on a day or two before the appointment. You could also try wearing a lycra skin suit under the neoprene suit.

did you notice the rash right away? Or after a while after you took the suit off? Try wearing it in the tub with regular water, it might be the pool water....

i get the itching and rash about an hour or so after the pool class. it might be the chlorine getting heated up in the suit and reacting with that. i am going to swim in the ocean and see what happens, thats the next thiung i guess before calling a doctor or buying another suit. the rash is about gone after 2-3 days but it is awful the night of the pool. thanks everyone for the suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom