Flying after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmmike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As dm's we all spend a great deal of time in and under the water. I know the general rules about flying after diving, but have only used them in relation to weekend dive trips or dive vacations. What I'm not sure of is what do i need to do ( if anything) for the weekly pool training classes that I help with. The pool has a maximum depth of 15 feet and I can have a "bottom time" of up to 45 to 60 minutes for a single nights training. Also my LDS is offering more weekend classes and the "bottom time" can be quite high ( typical pool time is upward of four or more hours per day).

:confined:

I ask because with my job I need to travel, sometimes planned, sometimes not. So far I have been lucky to be able to arrange my travel for days before or several days after a pool traing class.

So the question is do I need to treat these " dives" the same as open water dives when it comes to flying???

thanks for your time and input.
dmmike

I asked the same question of DAN, and the response I received was yes, you need to follow the usual recommendations for flying after diving.

Back
Top Bottom