make my own spear pole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walter scott

Registered
Reaction score
I want to make my own spear pole. I figure 5/8" dia. alum. threaded for the tips that I could buy.
I may even make it break down for travel. What threads would I use for the standard tips?
Thanks,

walter scott once bubbled...
I want to make my own spear pole. I figure 5/8" dia. alum. threaded for the tips that I could buy.
I may even make it break down for travel. What threads would I use for the standard tips?
Thanks,

Good question! I was actually going to post this one myself.:D

Can anyone post a link to a website that talks about making pole spears?

High,
harpoons are forbidden here in Venezuela. So I use a 2,10 feet alu pole of 13 mm, buy a piece od steel rod which enters the pole, weld a piece of metal band to the top of the rod and shape it into the tip of a spear. As rubber I bub a rubber tube which is sold in medical shops for the use of stopping the blood flow, fix on the end of the pole and ready for action. It works well and costs less than 4 US. More or less the same method I use as well to make a homemade harpoon. If any body is interested, mail me and I send fotos. The harpoon needs about 2 hours of work, it´s about 6 US and works like a comercial one, but legal here in Venezuela.
Joerg

hey,
i was curious on what is a good way to create a folidng pole spear, the reason i need it be folding is that i can put it in my backpack when i bike to where i go diving. the last thing i want is to have the cops called on me for carrying a spear.

so i was wondering if someone could send instructions on how to make one, or send pics of what theirs looks like. so you can reply to this or send it straight to my e-mail which is keeperlp33@aim.com

so i appreciate any help that i can get, thanks again

Several sites exist in Spanish, where puden to consult for the manufacture.
Search in google: "caza submarina fabricacion arpon de madera"
And then a translator uses

Back
Top Bottom