Tools Required for Servicing Apeks XTX200 & XTX40 and FSR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watercooled81

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
:confused:
Hello Everyone,

So I am about to take the leap down servicing my own regs. I have reviewed the Service Manuals several times, as when I first read them, I could not believe how easy it is. However I know form experience that following a manual is sometimes never straight forward, and the first couple of times to expect to take at least twice as long. I have the majority of tools already but I was wondering where I could find the following in the UK or postage to the UK; Also if they are actually needed or just a gimick tool (If they are what could I use instead).

AT48 First Stage Work Handle (Thinking this could be just replaced with a bolt with the same thread, just to hold the first stage in a vice)
AT53 HP Seat Removal Tool
AT20 XTX Cover Tool
109437 Seat Extraction Tool

Also I know this is a hot topic reading threads from a few years ago, but is there anywhere you can get the Apeks Service Packs? I have looked online, and for the first and second stage they are about £40. Which seems a little steep to me.

Also if anyone has any hints or tips, they are willing to pass on, that would also be great.

Cheers

You don't need any of the tools you've posted. You can use a CO2 cylinder to hold the first stage, a rubber glove to remove face plate (works more often than not) a small piece of dowel to remove seat. If you want those specific tools PM me. You will need a pin spanner if you are using a sealed 1st stage. You can buy the XTX face plate tool, C spanner and 1st stage holding tool from Scubatools.

---------- Post added June 15th, 2013 at 04:14 AM ----------

Sorry, didn't initially see you are using the FSR, so yes you will need C/pin spanner, sometimes you can unscrew them by hand.

---------- Post added June 15th, 2013 at 06:46 AM ----------

If you don't have a torque wrench be very careful when tightening AP5013 Heat Exchanger, if you over do it you will crack the case.

My current torque wrench is too big, but will picking a new smaller one up as could have done with smaller one a few times. So perfect excuse for another toy :)

Thanks for the advice....

---------- Post added June 15th, 2013 at 01:36 PM ----------

What size dowel lenght and width??

Back
Top Bottom